Author Topic: Topic of the Day  (Read 51519 times)

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Topic of the Day
« on: February 28, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »
Everyday (if I remember) I will past a topic for discussion. For that day members are to rely only to this topic. Once the topic changes the next day, there are no more replies to the previous topic. Try to stay on topic.

Today's topic is:

Aliens(outer space)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:47:30 PM by Bill »

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
Re: Topic of the Day
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:48:47 AM »
So are we talking the movie or if they are real or not.

bradt32225" border="0

redxiii

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:10 AM »
Anyone remember the series "V" from back in the day?

Offline MnMDad

• I know who the boss is..and SHE isn't me
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »
um.. Illegal or from outer space?

Offline bradt32225

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
I loved "V".

bradt32225" border="0

Offline Latham99

• You mean I came over from AVS to hang out with these goobers?
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »
Probably best to stick to the outer space types. I'd hate for this to degerate into a political thread.

"V" was amazing. I remember the shock when we found out that the friendly aliens were actually out to turn us into Big Macs.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »
OK outer space types.  now is the discussion on TV/Movie aliens or if we think aliens exist?

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline bradt32225

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »
I think its if Alien exist. I would have to see one in real life before I believe,

bradt32225" border="0

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
Just to clarify I meant Space Aliens (I fixed it in the topic).

Is there something out there? One side of me says yes and the other says no. In our solar sytem, probably not. I think they are somewhere else many many light years away. Humans don't have the technology to explore all of space so how can people say they don't exist. Humans are smart but I think/feel there is a more superior being that could take us out whenever they want. There are just too many cooincidences to disprove Aliens.
We/Earth are just a spec of dust in this whole "Space".
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:02:51 PM by vegaskiller73 »

Offline MnMDad

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 12:05:53 PM »
What constitutes life?  Is there bacteria out there, thats alive.  With all of the billions and billions of stars out there, how can anyone think we are alone, even with the odds of life as we know it may only happen 1 in 1billion there are good odds that we are not alone.  Would life look like us?  Or are we the anomaly in the universe?  I believe there are things out there.  We probably have been visited, but of course they found no intelligent life here.

redxiii

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »
I think it's going to be long after our great great great grandchildren are dead before we get any conclusive proof of it.  Humans as a sentient and rational (supposedly) species is such a one off fluke of evolution (unless you subscribe to divine creation, which is a whole different topic) that the chances of repeating similar results are so remote, it's going to take us a millenia of exploration and a good dose of dumb luck to come across them on equal footing.

Offline MnMDad

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 12:12:57 PM »
Good point, but how many stars that we see are already burned out?  How many Billions of years did they burn?  How many civilizations could have been out there?  We may never know.  Or tomorrow we may know, like you said it could just come out as dumb luck.  Look at the SETA project.  Do you think if they do find something, that they will release it to the general public?  I doubt it.  It would probably cause wide spread panic.  Did something crash in Roswell and the govt is keeping it a secret.  I believe they know more then they will release.  Look at Bentwaters in England as an example, something happend there but it was quickly covered up.  Pilots have see strange things and have them on video but they come off as, maybe it was a weather balloon or a reflection of swamp gas.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 12:20:33 PM »
What constitutes life?  Is there bacteria out there, thats alive.  With all of the billions and billions of stars out there, how can anyone think we are alone, even with the odds of life as we know it may only happen 1 in 1billion there are good odds that we are not alone.  Would life look like us?  Or are we the anomaly in the universe?  I believe there are things out there.  We probably have been visited, but of course they found no intelligent life here.
I have to agree.  There is too much out there for us to be it.  If it randomly happened here then it could just as easily have happened somewhere else.  And the likelihood of them looking even remotely like us I think is very very small. 

maybe it was a weather balloon or a reflection of swamp gas.
How come it's always a weather balloon or swamp gas?  How many weather balloons are used?

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
Logic says that there has to be.  Really, the universe is far too large for us to be the only intelligent life out there.  It would be waaay too unlikely that we are the only time in the history of the universe that all of the right situations existed for life to happen.

Of course religion would have us believe that this was not a matter of circumstance and that we are here as part of the grand design of an omnipotent, omniscient deity and therefore must be the only ones in the universe else we are insignificant to that deity.

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 12:28:14 PM »
We have no idea of the scope of the universe.  Hell, we don't even know if there is only one universe (I have some interesting theories on the subject).  There is a high probability that there has been/is/will be other life similar to ours.  The question is will we ever be capable of finding it?  Will they be capale of finding us?  Our minds can't grasp the vastness of space and the universe.  Hopefully one day we will find other life.  But right now there's life on this planet I'd like to ship off with a one way ticket to the moon.  :laugh2:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution