Author Topic: Hillary's attack ad  (Read 4922 times)

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hillary's attack ad
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
I liked Ron Paul personally but the man with the nuts that tells you how it is always gets left out by the media.

I might not agree with McCain but he is a veteran and former POW and none of those losers could say they are that that are running against him.

Obama is the antichrist, if he wins we will all be seeing red comrade. X-(

rocknrolldad

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 05:47:34 AM »
Please tell me you don't mean that 9/11 / the taliban / war on terror are all just scare tactics and not real events that affected the world stage.

I'm speaking in the context of this election and the current political climate.

rocknrolldad

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 05:49:40 AM »
I liked Ron Paul personally but the man with the nuts that tells you how it is always gets left out by the media.

I might not agree with McCain but he is a veteran and former POW and none of those losers could say they are that that are running against him.

Obama is the antichrist, if he wins we will all be seeing red comrade. X-(

I took a lot of interest in Ron Paul until the whole racist newsletter thing. That soured me on him.
Kucinich was my guy.

Offline MnMDad

• I know who the boss is..and SHE isn't me
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 07:17:02 AM »
I usually don't get involved in politics but there really isn't on good candidate out there.  How can the reps and dems field such a bad group this year.  I am not a big Obama fan, what has he done except make pretty speeches?  Even his own supports can't tell you.  This is from hardball.

[yt=425,350]jj4VK9wVAi0[/yt] 

McCain probably won't make it his entire 4 years.  He is an American hero cause he got shot down?  That doesn't make sense.  McCain will do the same things this administration has been doing, helping the rich, screwing the middle class and poor.  How much is an immigration bill going to cost the tax payers?  I know the county I live in just passed a bill and it is going to drive my property taxes up 28.5%.  No time table for Iraq or Afghanistan, is this to be this generations Vietnam?  I think if McCain wins it probably will be at least 4 more years.  I just don't think he is right for this country at this time.

Of all the candidates left, I have to say the lesser of the evils is Hillary.  I am not by any means a Hillary fan, but she is proven.  She has a track record for trying to help the middle and lower class.  Not sure why people hate her so much, Bill had good approval ratings.  I understand why people go back to her voting for the war in Iraq, but with the misleading data provided by our current administration, I believe it appeared they were ready to do something.

OK thats enough of my soap box rant....

FLAME ON

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 07:20:44 AM »
I honestly think (and please don't judge me on this) that everyone of them that are running now are not right.   I don't trust any of them and i think that it is gonna be a bad situation.   As I said in an earlier post, I have always voted republican, but I always try to vote for the better person..    This time, I would've voted Al Gore all the way.    :)      But he wasn't there this time..

I'm just not happy with any of the candidates this go round and I wish America the best..  I think that it is gonna be rough..

And as always, thanks to everyone for keeping these political posts active and nice.   :)

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
I almost entirely agree with you MnM.  Obama is telegenic and well spoken and that is it.  He's not an agent for change, heck he voted along party lines 97% of the time.  That's not change, that's partisan.  For that matter he has the highest rating in the Senate of voting with the party. 
McCain is a war hero for not cracking under the stress of living at the Hanoi Hilton. That's it.  Nothing more.  He's not a war leader, just a famed POW.  His history in the Congress and then in the Senate is less than stellar if you look at his voting record.  He's consistently voted anti-business and has not shown me that he understands what it takes to keep an economy rolling, never mind getting an ailing world economy back on it's feet.  His hallmark legislation, McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform, is so fundamentally flawed that it created bigger problems (527 organizations) than it solved and leaves us with campaigns that are run in the background by shadow organizations and makes George Soros the most powerful man in politics today.  His promise to end legislative earmarks is wonderful, but it's just a promise and based on his past reforms (including McCain-Feingold) you'd have to imagine that the Congress would get a quid-pro-quo and we'd have to then deal with some other way that would be used to get money out of our pockets.

Hillary?  On the surface she seems the best, but she's a crook and the only reason the charges haven't stuck to her is that she and her husband used their position of power to hide and diffuse the evidence.   Repeated investigations have looked into allegations involving her actions at the Rose law firm, the Whitewater land deal, Travelgate, White House staffing violations, administration staffing via cronyism without credentials, the Clinton body list and the list goes on, but at each turn evidence was missing, destroyed or "we can't find it in all of the stuff we moved into the White House and it's all packed up." or worst of all, we'll release it in 20-30 years when our legal protection to keep it from you is over. 
To me, for all of her husbands personal and moral failing, she's worse. She is duplicitous and deceitful.  Bill's presidency was characterized by floating trial balloons in the media to see how the public would react to policy decisions.   I don't want another president that thinks to way to lead is to do what's popular, I want one that does what needs to be done.   Did anyone ever pick up on the Clinton method of releasing bad news to the press on Friday night or Saturday so that it his the media during the weekend when no one was paying attention?  By Monday it was old news and no longer covered.  I can't go through another 4-8 years of this kind of management by an indicted criminal. So Hillary doesn't get my vote.

Nader?  LOL.  Don't even get me started on this nut job.

I guess my vote will be for the Libertarian Harry Browne.  He has no chance of winning, but you have to admire his perseverance in being on the ballot time after time after time....

And yes, I too am shocked at how at of field of brilliant minds in both parties we wind up with these terrible choices.  I guess I shouldn't be shocked after all in 2000, out of the entire party the GOP picked Bush.  I guess all that matters is money and he raised it by the boatload.

Offline rob_ferg

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 08:13:06 AM »
 to me, Hillary just does not come off as having an ounce of sincerity in anything she says, and will do/say anything to get elected (will she squeeze out more tears?.....stay tuned).           

i guess any politician nowadays more than likely is the same way...she just seems to stick out far above the others as being the phoniest of the bunch.   In the end, what a politician says during an election is far from what actually happens when they get elected. 

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »
... In the end, what a politician says during an election is far from what actually happens when they get elected. 

quoted for truth

Offline MnMDad

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 08:42:47 AM »
I kind of wish Edwards would have been able to stay in the race.  Huckabee wouldn't have been that bad either.  Guess we will have to just wait, shake the tree, and see what nut fall out.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »
I can tell this will be another election where I am totally disappointed with the candidates.  Hillary...please.  Not another Clinton.  Let's move away from these people already.  Not to mention everything Fro said..
Obama...is he all glitz and no substance? I still don't know what he stands for.
McCain...I'm afraid he is too old and too old school.  Though he seems to be able to work with both sides. 
When are we going to have someone that actually stands for something other then what they think we want to hear and actually cares about the country and not the power?  I was looking forward to these elections as finally i thought there would be some new blood. I was wrong.  SSDD

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline MnMDad

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 09:35:22 AM »

When are we going to have someone that actually stands for something other then what they think we want to hear and actually cares about the country and not the power?   

Never.  If someone told people what they stand, it probably wouldn't go over too well.  People want to hear things that they believe, they don't really care what the candidates stand for.  If  I was running and I believed that guns should be totally banned, do you think  I am going to come out and say that?  The NRA has too much money, I couldn't fight them and my opponents.  How about if I came out and said, it's OK to go through Canada to get your Meds, do you think the pharmaceutical companies might have an issue with that? 

I just don't think people really care what they stand for, it's all about "what's in it for me?"  We need a good write in candidate.  But of course no one would do that.   

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »

When are we going to have someone that actually stands for something other then what they think we want to hear and actually cares about the country and not the power?   

Never.  If someone told people what they stand, it probably wouldn't go over too well.  People want to hear things that they believe, they don't really care what the candidates stand for.  If  I was running and I believed that guns should be totally banned, do you think  I am going to come out and say that?  The NRA has too much money, I couldn't fight them and my opponents.  How about if I came out and said, it's OK to go through Canada to get your Meds, do you think the pharmaceutical companies might have an issue with that? 

I just don't think people really care what they stand for, it's all about "what's in it for me?"  We need a good write in candidate.  But of course no one would do that.   
Of course you are right it was more of a hypothetical...And that's just sad it's that way.  The founding fathers are rolling in their graves

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

rocknrolldad

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »
Never.  If someone told people what they stand, it probably wouldn't go over too well.

Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul are good examples of that. Both of them were up front about what they stood for and were basically laughed out of the race. Its too bad.

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
And yes, I too am shocked at how at of field of brilliant minds in both parties we wind up with these terrible choices.

I've come to realize in my short time of voting, that you pretty much vote for the lesser of the evils.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 09:56:35 AM »
And yes, I too am shocked at how at of field of brilliant minds in both parties we wind up with these terrible choices.

I've come to realize in my short time of voting, that you pretty much vote for the lesser of the evils.

And the acceptance of that line of thought means that the bastards have won.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution