Author Topic: DP Class B Tournament (Updated 4/5/2008)  (Read 6353 times)

redxiii

DP Class B Tournament (Updated 4/5/2008)
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:00:26 PM »

Updated: April 5, 7:10 PM

Here's the race grids and race times for the tournament. All times EST

Teams
Team Alpha α: Emily's Dad / Keith
Team Beta ß: redxiii / BobChase
Team Gamma Γ: Latham99 / vegaskiller73
Team Delta δ: Engine / GiftedPlacebo
Team Epsilon E: ToddS / cc0724
Team Sigma Σ: mctennisd / Vertigo
Team Theta Θ: CoachRoach / PatATC
Team Omega Ω: bradt32225 / BigLuv

GRID 1: 7 PM EST
Emily's Dad - Team Alpha
Engine - Team Delta
mctennisd - Team Sigma
Latham99 - Team Gamma
bradt32225 - Team Omega
Bob Chase - Team Beta
CoachRoach - Team Theta
ToddS - Team Epsilon

GRID 2- 9 PM EST
redxiii - Team Beta
GiftedPlacebo - Team Delta
Vertigo - Team Sigma
vegaskiller73 - Team Gamma
Keith - Team Alpha
BigLuv - Team Omega
PatATC - Team Theta
cc0724 - Team Epsilon

**3/10/2008 Update**
We have more drivers than we can fit into one track (which is great!).  We held a chat discussion last week to get some opinions and ideas.  We are going to race as teams, with team members spread out into different race lobby's.  So far there are only 2 lobby's necessary.  Pat will host, one, and I will host the other.  I've added 1m CR to the purse, and the winning team can sort out among themselves how to split the prize.

This time around, we will be racing for points by track time.  Because we may have an odd number of drivers, the best finish time for each track among the team drivers will be submitted for point placement.  For example, if one driver of the teaim finishes with a time of 5:34.057, and the other with 5:28.010, the 5:28.010 will be submitted as the track time for the team.  You will still be racing on a track with other drivers.

Points will be awarded _per track_ on the following scale (a simple -1pt per place):

1st  8 pts
2nd  7 pts
3rd  6 pts
4th  5 pts
5th  4 pts
6th  3 pts
7th  2 pts
8th  1 pt

Cars
Class: Up to B700 (No tuner cars. If you can't Paint the car, you can't use it)
HP: 300-400
Handling Upgrades: allowed to maximum
No Turbo Upgrades (including intercooler), no superchargers or power train swaps.

Tournament Outline
Daddyplace.com Class B Cup - Start Date tentatively 3.22.08.  Race time TBA.
Purse: 1998 Nissan R390 w/ custom paint/decals/tuning upgrades. 1,000,000 CR
3 Week Season.  3 Race Series per week.

Tracks
Week 1 Series-3.22.08: Silverstone International Circuit 10 laps / Sebring International Raceway 4 laps / Test Track Infield – Black Mamba 4 laps

Week 2 Series-3.29.08: New York Circuit 10 laps / Maple Valley Raceway Reverse 3 laps / Suzuka Circuit West 3 laps

Week 3 Series-4.5.08: Suzuka Circuit East 10 laps / Sunset Peninsula Infield 3 laps / Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 4 laps

Grid order
Random / Lobby Points / Lobby Points
There will be a 2 minute break between tracks for tuning changes. I recommend you save your tuning setups for each track so you can load them quickly.  Remember, part changes and rebuilds are not permitted for the duration of the tournament.

Settings
Damage: Simulation
Tires & Fuel: Simulation
Collisions: On
End Race Timer: 1 min per 5 laps
Driving assists optional

Tournament Drivers

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 04:02:30 PM by Emily's DaD »

redxiii

Re: DP Class B Tournament (Updated 3/10/2008)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
The 3/10 update has been done because frankly, I didn't expect this many of you daddys to want to join in!  I'm thrilled to see everyone actively participating!  I appreciate your patience and understanding as we tune the event.  I'm learning a lot on what is to be expected and things to consider, while trying to keep it as K.I.S.S. as possible.  Next time we do a series that may require teams, we'll be sure to specifiy team registration so you guys can choose and register as a team of your choice.

Offline BigLuv

• All I want for Christmas are naughty hot lesbians who are obviously whores
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 08:32:24 AM »
so placement means nottta..?

redxiii

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »
Not this time around, although reasonably if you've got the best time, you are going to likely be up front.
Here's the problem.  Because we didn't specify teams up front, we could possibly have an odd number of racers.  Ideally, if we had even pairs, we could race for position and award points and add them for the team.  But that will leave the odd man at a disadvantage.  So we have to take the highest score out of the 2 team members and use that for points.  Also, because there will be multiple rooms, there is the possiblity to have more than one first place, right?  It's easier IMO to just align the teams by time.

Thanks for bearing with me--it's the first time I've put together a race like this.  We'll handle things differently next time for sure.  The bracket races I have planned after this is done will be much cleaner--scheduling and number of drivers won't be an issue.  Regardless of the scoring,  I would just like all you guys to have fun! 

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »
I think we're all looking forward to a good time, first and foremost.  And, I'm sure we're all very appreciative of the time and effort you guys have put into it, Donnie.  :up:
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »
Thanks guys. We'll make this as fun as we can without getting too serious. Fun is what its all about anywho

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 02:47:57 PM »
How many more are needed to make even teams?

redxiii

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 04:00:30 PM »
 :doh! Just one to make an odd number into an even number :biggrin:
I'd gladly change it to points by position for the team, points awarded per track, with the understanding that no shows means 0 points for that driver.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »
I think Magoo is joining us...only issue may be he's 8 hours or so ahead of us.

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »
thats the prob m8,time differences, i'm generally on about 11pm English,so i guess thats  between 3-6pm your time,i'm still workin on a car at the mo so will be spending time testing and tweaking for this week,hopefully tested and painted by the end of w/e,thx to BigLuv for helping me bench mark it today,gotta get the acceleration up,top ends good,cornerings getting better.so as of next monday i should be ready.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 04:40:22 PM »
Do we have set dates yet?
"Saturday Night Racing" has a nice ring to it. :rce:

redxiii

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 04:44:34 PM »
Magoo,
I have yet to set a time for the races.  Unless I'm mistaken, your 11pm will be 5pm Central (GMT -6), so I would say green light at 5:30 Central.  If you want to commit, we can lock you in and close registration unless we get 1 more verified team (any more than that and we'd have to open a 3rd room and that just screws every thing up.)  That will give us a solid 7 teams.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:46:22 PM by redxiii »

redxiii

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »
Do we have set dates yet?
"Saturday Night Racing" has a nice ring to it. :rce:
Dates are on the O.P. with the tracks for that day.  Just need to verify the time.

redxiii

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
by the way, here's the list of who we have.  I am assuming everyone here is registering for this event, as well as the league as a whole.  If any of you listed here DO NOT plan on participating, send me a PM and I'll remove you from this list.

Emily's DaD #88
redxiii #13
BobChase #5
vegaskiller73 #73                                                                                 
Balians_Dad #20                                                   
Vertigo #69                                             
GiftedPlacebo #52                               
Keith #17                                   
BigLuv #24
PatATC #8
CoachRoach #777
bradt32225 #48
mctennisd #4
Latham99 #99
Magoo #41
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:12:51 PM by Emily's DaD »

CoachRoach

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »
Magoo,
I have yet to set a time for the races.  Unless I'm mistaken, your 11pm will be 5pm Central (GMT -6), so I would say green light at 5:30 Central.  

This is too early for me.  I am  on the west coast and don't normally get home till about 5:00 pacific time on saturdays. I could move that up to about 4:00 pacific but I would still miss the 5:30 central start time.  but could make a 6:00 central start with no practice time.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution