Author Topic: Next Tournament ideas  (Read 2261 times)

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
Re: Next Tournament ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »
Don, I want some of that stuff you smokin'
Ok, maybe not so many laps, but I'm serious!  Everyone driving the same car-factory stock so everyone is on a level field-that's just got fun written all over it!  Just for giggles and braggin' rights mostly, and would be a one day event.

I thought I mentioned this to Pat, maybe I didn't, but I love this idea. We don't have to go stock. We could build up the cars with upgrades as long as everyone has the same exact car.

My only question is do we allow tuning? If not, then it's driving skill vs driving skill.

Maybe something like this would be better suited to a once-a-month type thing to shake things up.

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
Don, I want some of that stuff you smokin'
Ok, maybe not so many laps, but I'm serious!  Everyone driving the same car-factory stock so everyone is on a level field-that's just got fun written all over it!  Just for giggles and braggin' rights mostly, and would be a one day event.

I thought I mentioned this to Pat, maybe I didn't, but I love this idea. We don't have to go stock. We could build up the cars with upgrades as long as everyone has the same exact car.

My only question is do we allow tuning? If not, then it's driving skill vs driving skill.

Maybe something like this would be better suited to a once-a-month type thing to shake things up.

I like this idea....maybe in between larger events, we could do something like this to keep our driving skills "honed" to the razor sharp, cat-like reflexes that we currently possess?     :rollinglaugh:
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

redxiii

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »
I WOULD probably allow tuning if I were to mod this race, but I don't think you can tune stock parts outside of tire pressure.  So you're basically forced to race skill vs skill.  It would be nice to have stickier tires, but forced stock stettings means STOCK.  You can't even decal your car--factory colors only.

And Rich is right--something silly between big events to break up the tunnel vision a bit and have some loose driving goodness.

Offline Latham99

• You mean I came over from AVS to hang out with these goobers?
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »
If we do a stock car type of race, let's at least settle on a more advanced vehicle. Even better, how about 3 races with 3 different class cars? An A Class, an S Class, and maybe even an R4 Class for fun.

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »
I WOULD probably allow tuning if I were to mod this race, but I don't think you can tune stock parts outside of tire pressure.  So you're basically forced to race skill vs skill.  It would be nice to have stickier tires, but forced stock stettings means STOCK.  You can't even decal your car--factory colors only.

And Rich is right--something silly between big events to break up the tunnel vision a bit and have some loose driving goodness.

Donnie you're correct. You can only tune the tires with the basic cars. But in building up the cars I was suggesting throwing on all of the handling options. So if we allowed tuning you could really max out the car's potential.

I guess there are 2 routes we could go:

1. Same car, same upgrades, allow for tuning
2. Same car, no upgrades, no tunes (outside of tire PSI and FD ratio)

But I should reiterate, I'm not suggesting this for a tournament, just a once-in-a-while type thing.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
Just like someone said..   I'm up for any racing..    Just tell me when, where and what car.  :)

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

redxiii

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
That's the sprit, Kieth!  No need to make it too involved just to have a little fun.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 04:41:10 PM »
Well, whatever we decide, there's no way we'll run this weekend. Nobody will be ready. So if you want, we can do a fun event for this week

I can tell you this though. It's 90% we'll be running A Class though for next event

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution