Author Topic: How many here?  (Read 8428 times)

AtHomeDaddy

How many here?
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »
I am just curious about how many SAHDs (Stay at Home Dads, Full Time Fathers, you wife's maid, whatever you call yourself...)there are on this site.  I don't post up very often but I hang around once in a while. 

I am gearing up for the summer, after having my oldest in Kindergarten this year and in need of some new activities to add to the bag of tricks.  I am already out of practice, keeping both kids entertained all day long.

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: How many here?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »
If you can afford it and have one around try a zoo. Swimming is always fun.

bradt32225" border="0

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 03:29:51 PM »
I'm basically a SAHD as I watch them during the day and when I'm not laid off I work all night. We have alot of different splash pads around here that are free.  I've also found a combination of things works.  Balls of different shapes and sizes, soccer ball, a few soft balls (not like baseball soft balls) a kite and bubbles with different sized bubble wands.  A day of exhaustion.

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »
A park with a picnic with your kids favorite food and like Bill said a kite and bubbles and playing would tire any kid out.

bradt32225" border="0

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
Also..   Try geocaching..    I'm getting ready to get my boys and I into it.   Already have a couple picked out to do..       If your not too familiar with geocaching.   Do a search for it on here.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:47:35 PM »
I'm a SAHD/Work at home dad.   

Just give the kids some narcotic decongestants and sit them in front of the tv  (kidding, after the decongestants, they'll be too tired for tv)

All of the other guys had great suggestions.  We also visit community pools and parks.  Hit parks in different neighborhoods.  All the equipment is relatively the same, but the different arrangements and colors keeps the kids interested.  Don't forget how entertaining a bucket, shovel and dirt/sand can be.   

Offline Jim

• NOTHING GREATER THAN A GATOR!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • DP. Best damn site ever.
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 10:01:29 PM »
Since moving and not having a job yet, I have become a temp SAHD. I'm just thankful that the library is close and my little girl LOVES to read.

AtHomeDaddy

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:16:59 PM »
Geocaching.  That is a hell of a great idea.  My 6yr old would be thrilled with that.

Parks are awesome here in Austin.  Not only that, I worked for the park system before becoming a SAHD.  You guys are all right on track, thanks

Offline BigLuv

• All I want for Christmas are naughty hot lesbians who are obviously whores
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »
SAHD here also I got my oldest involved in baseball so we now visit the ballpark alot not only for prac and games but to goof round hitting and throwing we love to bike trails and purchasing a pull behind cart for my youngest to join.  Logan is getting good on the trails.. hiking  ZOO is an awesome idea we all love it.. a trip to a movie once in awhile is allways nice. there is a bug hunt at our local nature center my son loves that and it is very educational and quite for for me too we won rarest bug once and we caught a fly so we won the hardest catch

Engine

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 12:24:37 PM »
Candy+playground/treadmill=2 hour nap  :no_teeth:

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
I guess I am a SAHD as I don't work and I pretty much take care of 2 kids.. because one is a newborn its hard to keep both kids entertained together so my suggestions are oing to be based on my 3 yearolds point of view. Inside: he loves the website www.starfall.com it helps him with letters and reading and stuff. we color, play with blocks etc. now since summer is comming up I agree with what these guys have said. Outside: shovel, bucket, dirt rocks and sand= happy kid. Soft rubber balls kite and bubbles+park= happy kid, As a family we love to go to our local park for a picnic, sometimes we bring a soccerball or kick ball and make a day of it.. they have great walking trails as well. Zoo is a great idea but can be costly if none local. Go to your nearest pond/lake for a quick swim(or if your wife is terrified of all the stuff living in them like mine is try a well chlorinated public swimming pool). If you have a state park nearby maybe a nature hike/scavanger hunt. make a list and try to find em all.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
If you have plans to get a sandbox I would suggest a sandbox with a lid, I've seen more than one sandbox turn into a small woodland creature litter box.... :sick:

OpenPix

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 09:30:48 PM »
Signing in.

thndrlight

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »
I am too, and I love it. I really need to become more involved in this forum as it can be a great asset.  I love taking the kids, 4, 3 months to the park and let the older one go wild. 

Something that sounds silly and easy, for a rainy day, I dump a bunch of shaving cream on the glass table and let the kid go wild. It really cleans the glass well too.

Drizzt519

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 07:37:36 PM »
Im a sahd.  Been one for about a year and a half.  The boy keeps me occupied for the most part during the day.  Im thinking about doing some online schooling. 

It can get boring at times.  Im constantly looking for things to keep me occupied when the boy isnt interested in playing with me or he's asleep.  My daughters at school all day and more interested in playing with her friends than hangin' out with her dad when she is home.

Things pick up during summer time though.  My daughter plays softball and soccer.  And my old mom has a pool/spa so we spend a lot of time swimming over there during the summer.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution