Author Topic: How many here?  (Read 8800 times)

jbruce7

Re: How many here?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 04:47:47 PM »
Both my wife and I are self employed and work several businesses from home. I don't know if this really qualifies me as an SAHD.

I am blessed with the freedom and flexibility of picking up my 4 year old daughter from preschool whenever I want. I like to take her either to the park, the mall or to a movie, etc. 

Great bonding time for daddy and daughter!

I thank god everyday that I'm able to do this.

Thanks for letting me share.

B)

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »
Not sure how I missed this but I've been a SAHD for two years now. I just recently put a meet up group together for our local community. Planning on doing a first meeting here in a few weeks. Hoping the exposure to other children and vise versa will help in Emily's development, which at this point is way behind where it should be. Lately we've been going to story time at the local library (not local if you ask me...19 miles away) and she's been interacting pretty good with the other children. I also got her into speech therapy but that isn't going as well as we'd hoped. Been doing it a month or so now and still hasn't warmed up to Kim, her therapist.

AtHomeDaddy

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »
So we finally jumped into geocaching.  The kids are having a blast with it and I can't wait until school is out, so we can make some good 'cache trips.  For now we are just hanging out in the parks close to the house.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 08:56:04 AM »
So we finally jumped into geocaching.  The kids are having a blast with it and I can't wait until school is out, so we can make some good 'cache trips.  For now we are just hanging out in the parks close to the house.

I know that you and your kids will enjoy it.  We do, it's really fun watching the kids look for the caches.    Here is a link to the topic here where we talk about it.

http://www.daddyplace.com/index.php/topic,213.0.html

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »
I've only been a SAHD for about 2 months now to my 6 month old.  Other than reading, feeding and tummy time, I am not sure what else to do.  He's getting the crawling/scooting thing down, or at least working on it and seems to be pretty entertained by that for a while.  Either way, I know my wife wants to be home and live in AZ to be closer to family so I am applying to jobs left and right there.  Hopefully it works out.

Garathan

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 05:11:50 PM »
I have become a SAHD over the summer. Took the summer off to spend time with them before they get to old to want to hang out with their dad. We spend alot of time at the pool or just playing games with them.

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 09:39:15 PM »
SAHD for 7 years, have 2 girls ages 9 and 2 I was bouncing on the weekends

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

franklin

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
I'm not a stay at home dad but my cousin is.  He has one son and I have told him about this site hoping he will log on.  He is a good dad just kinda lazy when it comes to getting a keeping a job.  Not saying that is your ish just his.  Reading things on this site makes me rethink my views about him staying home.

AtHomeDaddy

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 02:42:12 AM »
I am no longer a full-time stay at homer. Last year I started teaching Middle School.  I am enjoying my summer home with the kids though.

bobnoakridge

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »
For the first 7 years of my son's life I worked overnights.So in a way I was a SAHD.I was with him all day while my wife was at work.The last 3 years I am a true SAHD.I am now disabled home with him whenever he is.Next year we are considering starting home schooling him.If anyone here is homeschooling in TN feel free to email me.Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
For the first 7 years of my son's life I worked overnights.So in a way I was a SAHD.I was with him all day while my wife was at work.The last 3 years I am a true SAHD.I am now disabled home with him whenever he is.Next year we are considering starting home schooling him.If anyone here is homeschooling in TN feel free to email me.Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Robert.  First off, welcome to the site.   Sorry it took me so long to reply.   I think the information you need is at this link.  Try it out and tell me if that helps you.   

http://www.tn.gov/education/homeschool/

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

bobnoakridge

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:56 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.I have been to that site as well as Tennessee Virtual Academy.I was just looking for some firsthand knowledge from someone already homeschooling.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »
Oh..  Sorry Robert.    I don't know of anyone right off hand.   Maybe you could start your own thread (new post) about it in the family section.   You could post about what you do know about it and any links that you are already aware of.   It might draw other dads here that already home school.   

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution