Author Topic: SAHD friends?  (Read 2625 times)

Captain Tuttle

SAHD friends?
« on: August 03, 2006, 06:07:25 AM »
Does anyone know any other SAHDs in your area that you hang out with?  I am lucky enough to have met another guy through a different board who lives about 3 miles from me.  We get together often and hang out with the kids.  It helps that our kids are only a month apart in ages.  Lately because of the heat we've been taking afternoon strolls around the mall to check out the  :tits:.  Makes me feel good that I'm not the only lech of a SAHD out there  :biggrin:.

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
Re: SAHD friends?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 03:47:55 PM »
Sounds like a good situation for you!  I haven't found any SAHD's anwhere nearby here yet, but it's a big neighborhood and I'm near around here.
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 03:56:23 PM »
I'm not a SAHD so I don't post in here much..   But, do any of you know a way that we could incorporate this into Daddyplace.   A way to find other SAHDs in your own area?   Ideas?  Suggestions??

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 04:58:45 PM »
David,
     Do you go to any storytimes at the local libraries?  I actually met another SAHD at one of the local ones around here.  Gets you out of the house too.  I found the Mom's to be pretty open-minded with a Dad in the group.

Keith,
     We've talked about starting a club around here for SAHD's.  If we ever get that far this site will certainly get a mention and a push.  A great way to get exposure is to get a newspaper article written about you.  Keith, do you know anyone who might have a connection to a local paper, even a small one?  Working an angle like that always gets you alot of hits.  I have a good friend from college who is actually a free-lance writer.  He's written articles for the NY Times and Running Magazine, among others.  Unfortunately, he lives in Vt.  In the past he has talked of using me for an article on SAHDs.  He was careful not to promise anything but I promise you that if he writes the article using me as an example (and a fine one I would be if I do say so myself :biggrin:) that I will mention Daddyplace every other sentence.

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 06:41:43 PM »
We'll be getting to the local story times soon I think.  My daughter's just turned 2 and she's getting more into books and reading.  The community over here is very new, I imagine that lots of people here gather at the church, but I'm not one to go to church.
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 06:53:58 PM »
I personally don't know anyone at the local newspaper.  The only writer I know is David.  :)

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:11:03 PM »
  The community over here is very new, I imagine that lots of people here gather at the church, but I'm not one to go to church.

Me either...try the library.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 02:06:19 PM »
I love going to Church every now and then.  It reminds me of why I don't go more often.  I'm thinking of doing the library thing at some point soon.  Splash pads and playgrounds for the win.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution