Author Topic: Godsmack Drum Solo  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Godsmack Drum Solo
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:17:24 PM »
Chief sent me this, and I've played it three times now in the background as I surf on DP.  Makes me wanna dig all my Godsmack albums back up.

[yt=425,350]c-ix6MmDXug[/yt]

rocknrolldad

Re: Godsmack Drum Solo
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
not bad but there's nothing really mindblowing drumwise.
check out some buddy rich or gene krupa vids on youtube. truly the masters.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »
Oh hell yeah!!  Makes you hate that their last album was so bad for what they can be.

:BNB:

ChiefPttyoffcr

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 01:49:08 PM »
Sir one of those guy's is the singer....at the end is a tom
sawyer drumroll that kill's people on RB...I would say not
bad for a singer , much less to play the whole video on
most points the same as the regular drummer...I respect
how long it must have taken to get that good perhaps.
Good day.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »

I liked that they had guitar in there so it sounded like something other then a guy or guys beating a drum

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »
RnR's right in that there's not much mind blowing about it but there is a ton of showmanship and talent there!  It's amazing.  Here's Mike Terrana of Rage.  If nothing else check the hand speed of this guy.  It's INSANE!

[yt=425,350]A6l8HBNARAU[/yt]

Offline JgansoC

• What can I say, I'm not original
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »
[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3JdwtaiOcZA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3JdwtaiOcZA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]

I agree with Bill.  I would have to throw these two in here.  Neil Pert of RUSH and Mike Portnoy of DREAM THEATER.  Both are my faves

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
I gotta show that to my son. He will freak out on that video. He's been building his set and trying some new music.

Here is what he has so far. He still needs to get a few boom stands for more cymbols that are still in the box.

Tha black set is older and basically a starter set. The blue set, we went pick up last week from a friend for 200 bucks. All it needed was new heads top and bottom. he has 1 hour to play everyday. At that time I go outside. They are loud!

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
Nice looking set there.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »
that's a sweet set Vegas.  I had a starter kit just like that when I was coming up, but I had to trade it in to get my Yamaha 6 piece.  LOL.  Wish my dad was as cool as you and let me keep it too.  LOL.  Keep drumming.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »
that's a sweet set Vegas.  I had a starter kit just like that when I was coming up, but I had to trade it in to get my Yamaha 6 piece.  LOL.  Wish my dad was as cool as you and let me keep it too.  LOL.  Keep drumming.

aftr, that is my son's set. He is almost 14 and plays pretty good. Moslty A7X and new rock stuff.
Just to let everyone know. He paid (cuts grass next door) for the used blue set. I had to pay to get them reskined. Them things aren't cheap to reskin. :surprise:
Not to mention, I had just bought him that set of cymbols.

He saw the video and was like  :whoa: :surprise:. Hopefully, if he sticks (pun intended) with it, he can be that good. I'm willing to do what I have too to get him there. He practices everyday.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »
I'll tell you one thing, and I'm gonna get bashed for it, but since playing Rock Band, I learned alot of drum hits, especially like the bass pedal hits, that I was missing.  Sure I could play alot of covers, and make them sound just as good as the original, but Rock Band showed me some of the things I was missing and not hearing and actually encouraged me to learn to read sheet music so that I could play the songs exactly.  Drum sheet music is very easy and nearly as complicated as guitar and piano and all.  See if that might be a way to go, but you are super supportative anyway, cymbals ain't cheap, especially those Zilgian and Sabian.  Good lookin' out tho Vegas.

sdrawkcaB rM

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
ill have to get a vid of myself banging away at RB...im every bit as good as those guys above.....LOL...i get booed @ drums so quick...cant get the foot pedal down....

rocknrolldad

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 05:20:18 AM »
the singer for godsmack was a drummer originally.

I love drumming, regulated to the electronic kit these days though.

vegas....wow, that's a lot of drums. I'm a 5 piece (kit, snare, rack, floor, floor) man myself. If it was good enough for buddy and bonham, it's good enough for me.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution