Author Topic: suggestions  (Read 1234 times)

severdsoul

suggestions
« on: May 15, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »
from a first time visitors view,  there are a few things, but its all good, constructive, so dont take it offiencve. :)

First there is a LOT going on in the webpage, i was confused and lost for a few min, had to look around to see what to do and how to do it, which will loose a few people from joining.

The other problem or thing i see is some of the text is very hard to read, dark on dark,  the menu's etc'  i had to highlight them just to see what i was reading..
 although i like the colors and theme, its hard for a first timer to read, and after all thats what is going to get them and keep them..
if they wont take the time to read and explore, they will move on to somewhere else.

A nother thing is to do like .. yea the dreaded competition, cafe mom or my space, if possible and offer personal webpages, its a common code that most VISP's offer now days. Not sure who you go thorugh, but most offer it now days.

On the plus side, this is one of the best sites i have seen dedicated to dads, there are not many out there,  with a little tweeking and a few other options, this could be as big as the competition, as well as offer a great service to everyone online.
 You have a great site and so far i realy enjoy it. Seems like a great bunch of memebers.

I've had many websites over the years and i know the headaches of upgrading and keeping them up,  anymore they are more than i can keep up with, one of my sites i had to code over 150 pages, was a hit and was big for several years, but it just got to be to much for me to keep up with.    Any more, i'm lazy *lol*
work, little one, wife, running, dr. apointments,   just no time at all.
I know a site like this is not cheap to keep up and going and advertise, let alone adding new stuff. gota get the vitrual plugins where you can.

Just ideas, but over all its a great site, i will enjoy watching it grow as more find it.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:37:56 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions Kurt..     I know it's alittle bit cluttered on here and I have tried to work with it..   But...    I'm not very artistic at all!   LOL

If you can, throw some images in here showing what your talking about..   Just a screen capture and highlight if you don't care..   I'll try and work on it..

But just as you said...  Time is the major factor..   I have a fulltime job and have 3 youngins.   LOL    I also work on my wifes site, Takeabreakmommy.com.   She has had me working on her site for the last week or so...

Thanks for the suggestions!!!   and the compliments!!!

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

severdsoul

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
Its a lot of work keeping a site up and going, i finaly had to give up on the ones i had , just not enough time at all.    It definatly takes a lot of work to keep up with them every day.
  although i have to say this site has some features that most dont, which i do like.
  Overall you should be proud, took a lot of work to put something like this up, and i know we all appriceate it.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »
I also work on my wifes site, Takeabreakmommy.com.   She has had me working on her site for the last week or so...

Insert I broke Kimberly's site and now I have to fix it :LMAO:

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
  although i have to say this site has some features that most dont, which i do like.
  Overall you should be proud, took a lot of work to put something like this up, and i know we all appriceate it.

And the hardest part was getting a "Dads only" site off the ground..  I can't take credit for that..   The original members staying around and posting alot helped to get this site off the ground...

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.