Author Topic: sometimes it's hard being a step dad  (Read 3229 times)

mccormick83

sometimes it's hard being a step dad
« on: May 17, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
I really love being a dad for one and I love doing everything I can do to make sure they are happy. They have called me Daddy pretty much after the first few days, because there own dad won't do the things I do with them. I have spent more time with them in fun and learning and everything else that comes with being a Dad then there own dad has. And get this now he is so jealous because these beautiful babbies call me there Daddy and that I am there SUPER HERO (my favorite) and they love me and I give them all the hugs, kisses, hold them tight, and tuck them in at night with prayers. My oldest step daughter ( age 5) came to her mother and told her that her dad said that she can't call me Daddy no more and that she's not aloud to give me loves no more and to be mean to me. She was so upset because it confused her and she didn't understand why he wouldn't want me lovin on her. I got so **ckin pissed (excuse the language) I could just snap his neck. All I know is when ever I get the money saved up I am getting these Babbies to live with there Mother and me for the rest of there lives and to give them exactly what they need which is a life full of love, learning, discpline, stability, and security. But for me as a Step Dad, I may not be there real dad, but I sure as hell am there one and only SUPER HERO...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jim

• NOTHING GREATER THAN A GATOR!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • DP. Best damn site ever.
    • Myspace
Re: sometimes it's hard being a step dad
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »
First off, great looking bunch you got there, Mark.

Next. The word step is just that. A WORD!! It sounds to me that you ARE DAD. Not him. Don't let it get to you. (This is probably easier said than done. I'm not a step dad) They know who loves them and does things with them. Screw him. Just remember....ANY MAN can be a father. It takes a special man to be a dad. Just keep lovin 'em DAD.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »
You're the step-dad!  You chose to be there and do the things that they need.  He's hardly more than a donor from the sounds of things.  That's sad.  It's a real shame that he's treating this the way he is, remember that cooler heads must prevail.  Let those girls know that they will never get in trouble from you or mommy for giving you loves, ever.  Kids know who daddy is....  they know it's you.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »
Well I kinda disagree with what Bill said. To an extent. If you are doing the providing and raising of the girls, then you have all the right to be called Dad. Being a Dad is one thing being a sprem doner is nothing. Anybody can do that.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
Well I kinda disagree with what Bill said. To an extent. If you are doing the providing and raising of the girls, then you have all the right to be called Dad. Being a Dad is one thing being a sprem doner is nothing. Anybody can do that.

Agreed completely.  I also know that if you tell them to call you dad and he tells them not to then you've put those children in the middle of a no-win situation.  Tell the kids they can call you Daddy, but don't put them in the middle of that guys battles. 

Offline runthrubland

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 11:30:25 PM »
I feel for ya man, I don't think I would handle this situation properly. I am also a non-sperm father, and have been with my girl for 2 1/2 years. The sperm donor has never been around or even called to find out how he is in all that time. If he were to show up and tell MY son he can't call me daddy or give me mt hugs and kisses, I think he would end up in a mine shaft.

mccormick83

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 11:58:24 PM »
i've already nutted up on him and he pretty much bows down to me, he wont say nothing to me or my wife no more I about put him under last halloween at his front door for talkin some shit in front of the girls to there mother. and ever since I punked him when ever he does get the girls he stays at least 2 apartments away from ours. he probably has nightmares cause of the shit i told him   :LMAO:

PaulMck

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 12:45:09 AM »
Being a step dad is hard, their real dad skipped out to mexico to keep from paying child support and calls once every six months and sends a ds or something on a birthday and thinks thats raising kids. I let them call me whatever they want im not going to force anything on them. Im only 23 and I just had my first child about 2yrs ago and sometimes I lose my temper and i feel bad about it and my wife gets angry with me. How do you guys cope with it?[attachment=1][attachment=2]

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution