Author Topic: Happy to be a member here  (Read 2342 times)

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Happy to be a member here
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:39:43 PM »
Well many of yall know that I am a member of several forums.

I have been a member for over 5 years of a forum that is related to my occupation. Needless to say someone posted a thread that I dont know was a joke or true about getting a guy from that forum to moderate it. Needless to say the admin of the site made a post which consisted of name calling and then topping it off with being a smart ass to that particular forum. Kind of like if Keith responded to a post in the stay at home dads forum and called out all the stay at home dads and  then was a smart ass. I dont know about yall but thats not how I roll. Needless to say a moderator start making smart ass comments to me after my post and we went back and forth a few

Just wanted to say thats its rare to find a forum where the staff are not  :asshat: and I'm not saying that because I'm on the staff here. I've watched a few of my favorite forums shrink or go downhill or disappear. On the same token I've seen stuff happen on forums and here where a moderator or someone apologizes even though they might have been right because it was the right thing to do.

Just wanted to say I'm thankful for the guys and staff here, we have a chance to be real with each other yet understand each other or handle differences by appropriate means, keep up the good work everyone :up:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:42:45 PM by joey791 »

Offline BigCöx

• Well, I'm just this guy, you know?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • Sloan's Daddy - 12/17/07
    • BC on FB
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Matt
  • Xbox Gamertag: c0dek
Re: Happy to be a member here
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 11:48:22 PM »
yeah, I gotta say, of all the various forums and boards I've been on in the past, this is definitely the most civil one...probably the only board I've seen where people behave like people, not like anonymous internet people.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 02:01:04 AM »
This is a good forum, for sure. I think a big part has to do with the like mindedness of us all toward being dads and men. Grown men who have a solid grasp of reality and can recognize what is right, yet with a keen sense of humor and willingness to use it.

Thanks for the post Joey. I thank all of the staff and dads here for making this place what it is too.

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »
I gotta admit fellas,i've never been a huge fan of anyone outside of England,europeans in particular and americans in general,but you guys have shown me that innate xenophobia isn't always the way to go,for me to have hung around this long at DP says something for the company i'm in.i may not always be able to game with you cos of you lot being in 3 different time zones,but regularly hang around DP just chilling or arcadeing,i've seen too many clans and organisations fall apart cos of bickering and in fighting,mainly cos ppl dont have the maturity to sort their differences,just shows what being a Dad does,don't it,big up to the Admin and all the regular fellas.

Magoo

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:38:14 AM »
Thanks for the compliments all..       I can truly say that this is the best site in my opinion, but of course you know why..

I will say this..   I am happy and proud of all admins and moderators here for doing such great jobs..   I haven't always made the right decisions, but I do my best..     I will say this, I couldn't have picked better admins and mods...      And in case if I haven't said it enough..    I am thankful to all admins and mods..  I know that I rely alot on you guys....and you guys are great and handle it all...

So, a big THANKS goes out to all of you and all of our regular members here..   You guys are the BEST!!

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:36 AM »
Well said everyone and thanks keith for starting this up!  Great place to hang out!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 10:09:58 AM »
All comments above are the truth all the way. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this site. Thank you Keith for putting it all together. Thank you to all the staff members for helping keep the ship afloat. And the members, you guys are why we exist and grow larger. Without you all, it'd just be us admins and mods, and quite frankly, I'd get tired of them after awhile. Just kidding. Everybody deserves a big pat on the back and keep it up
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:21:23 AM by Emily's DaD »

Offline colesdad

• Mick Foley is my favorite UFC downloadable character.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 10:11:13 AM »
I want to thank Keith, Joey, Pat, and all the other staff for the great work they do in order to make this a great site. I can honestly say that I really enjoy coming to this site everyday.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:12:49 AM by colesdad »

[img width= height= alt=]http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail5/360/SoonerProud.png[/img]

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 10:43:36 AM »
I want to thank Keith, Joey, Pat, and all the other staff for the great work they do in order to make this a great site. I can honestly say that I really enjoy coming to this site everyday.

:plus1:
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

cc0724

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »
yeah, I gotta say, of all the various forums and boards I've been on in the past, this is definitely the most civil one...probably the only board I've seen where people behave like people, not like anonymous internet people.

This is never more evident than when playing online with most of you.. we more often than not call each other by our first names, rather than our screen name or gamer tag.

What a lucky and fortunate find when I stumbled on Keith and a few by joining a random Forza room. Thanks again!!

Offline Fleury

• "Right Turn Clide"
  • Daddy Sr.
  • Liked: 22
  • Laid Back and Relaxed!! oh ya, and Competative
  • First Name?: Brad
  • Xbox Gamertag: Jig72x
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 11:33:39 AM »
Ya I stumbled accross this forum and registered, almost forgot i did but then started posting and playing XBL with the guys. I've had nothing but great fun posting and playing. Mr magoo you are definetely right there is a lot of hating towards all countries, but not here. Thanks Kieth and all admins.!!!
"There is only one way to settle this, "Chinese Downhill

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Next week it will be 2 years since I joined. Thanks to Randy for sending me over here.  Kudos to all of you guys for making this not only the best Dad's site on the net, but the best site I've seen...period!

sdrawkcaB rM

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 07:32:51 PM »
you guys are going to make me cry...

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 08:17:21 PM »
you guys are going to make me cry...

Your not the only one..   :)

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »

:gayfight: