Author Topic: SAHD Question  (Read 1836 times)

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
SAHD Question
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »
I was just wondering if any of you SAHD had wives,girlfriends, significant other who worked from home and does that work for you? The reason I ask is that I may become a SAHD in the near future (3-6 months).
   My wife has recently started doing digitaly handpainted portraits with her business and is making good money. In just a few days time she made as much as I did on my last 2 week paycheck. Granted I make minimum wage and average about 30 hours a week but still thats pretty good in my book. I intend to work 2 jobs for a little while(already got a second one) to build up some money and get a new laptop..
  I already do about 70% of the house work and all of the outside work and I pretty much take care of the kids at night.. It's just so hard for me to stay motivated to clean etc. when she is home.. I know it sounds kinda dumb but for me Cleaning is kinda fun when it's not expected of me.. yet when she's home and asks me to clean I just can't bring myself to do it.. Do any of you have these problems?
  I think it would be totally cool being a SAHD because I love playing with the kids, its just so hard to have down time when you work constantly... One other thing, My wife is trying to teach me how to use her camera so I might be able to help her with some part time portraits for clients which would help us out immensely. Should I keep working and just have my wife do her paintings at night when I get home? or should I stay home with the kids and have her stay home and do her painting durring the day? tough decision? any of you dads had the option to stay home or not? Its all kind of a new idea for me and nothings set in stone yet but she has only had her website up a few days and has already gotten several paid orders and only one is from family! So if her business continues to increase she will make more than enough for me to stay home. what do you guys think?

Re: SAHD Question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 05:53:10 PM »
I have been home for 6 years.  And my experience was that it was too hard for me to try to do work at home when I was also watching the kids. 

Dunno about having the wife around at the same time, she is never here.

For a few extra bucks I mow some yards in my neighborhood.  That is something I can do when the wife is home in the evenings, or on weekends.  It gets me out of the house and I make a few bucks. 

If you guys could work together on a job, that would be awesome.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 06:13:19 PM »
I would think that, while it would be great to do that, I personally would be worried about lacking a steady income.  If her business continues to boom the way it is perhaps you can build up extra money in the bank so that you're not living on a month to month basis. 

Just my humble opinion.

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »
while you guys bring up interesting points my biggest problem with having my wife at home is that by the end of the week we want to kill each other :hairpull:

Ive been a SAHD for a little over 7 years and have ran my own buissnes  in that time, my wife has been at home now on disability for a little over 2 years and we both cant wait for her to go back to work in the next couple of months :up:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution