Author Topic: Long Over Due Update....  (Read 3138 times)

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
Long Over Due Update....
« on: August 25, 2008, 11:10:21 PM »
Well, as of Augest 2008, my ex's 30 month span of not seeing Emily has come to an end.  Out of the blue early this month she called me, what brought this on I still have yet to figure out.  But, anyway I dont really care I'm just glad she has decided to try and somewhat be a mother to Emily.  We all know how much a little girl needs her mom in her life.  Well, when she called and asked if she could see her again, I think I surprised her a little when I said sure as long as you agree to sign this one paper (had drawn up long time and finally got her to sign it) and you follow 2 simple rules.  So, of course she wanted to know what the paper was she had to sign and what the 2 rules were.  So, I told her the paper was that if she goes 1 month without calling Emily or seeing her that she forfeits her visitiation rights forever ( I'm not playing this in her life for a few and out thing anymore) and then I told her the two simply rules 1.) I always have a working phone # for you.  2.)  I have your current home address at all times.  ( these were things in the past she wouldnt give me)  She said ok no problem to signing the paper at my attorneys office and has no issue with the other two rules. 

So far Emily has spent 3 - Fridays with her from 9am to 5 pm with me providing transportation both ways which I prefer.

so, thats my update on the trials of being a Single Dad of 1st Grader...  damn, shes in 1st grade already, I think she was 3 almost 4 when I first joined this site. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:13:48 PM by MuddSlinger »

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Long Over Due Update....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:19:02 AM »
Hope everything works out for you Mudd

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:30:37 AM »
Mudd, our paths haven't really crossed on DP but it's obvious that you're one helluva dad. Good luck with the new arrangement.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:50:27 AM »
I'm hoping that she doesn't forfeit her rights to Emily.  You're absolutely right.  A girl needs her mom.  Sounds like everything is going well so far!  Good show.

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 04:26:59 PM »
I'm hoping that she doesn't forfeit her rights to Emily.  You're absolutely right.  A girl needs her mom.  Sounds like everything is going well so far!  Good show.

I do to and why I have allowed her to start seeing her again after 30 months of not seeing her or calling her..  I want Emily to have her mom in her life, I just don't want the head games of in and out in and out of her life.  Due to the fact that is more damaging then good.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
Mudd, that's great to hear Emily will see her mom more often now. Let's hope she continues and it's not just a spurt. Smart to have that paper signed too.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution