Author Topic: Laurell K. Hamilton  (Read 1562 times)

pfhiggins72

Laurell K. Hamilton
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
anyone else reading these  or am i the only one?

they are actually pretty good

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
Re: Laurell K. Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:21:08 PM »
never heard of her.  What are they about?

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

pfhiggins72

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:29 AM »
From Wikipedia:

"Anita Blake is a fictional character in the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series of novels by Laurell K. Hamilton. Subsequently, she has also appeared in the Dabel Brothers/Marvel Comics adaptation of her first novel, Guilty Pleasures.

Blake is the heroine of a vampire slayer series written by Laurell K. Hamilton. The series takes place in a parallel fantasy world where vampires, shape shifters, werewolves, faeries, etc. exist. Her night job, and primary source of income, is the legal profession of re-animating the dead. As an "animator" in a parallel St. Louis, her job entails using magical abilities to bring temporary life to dead bodies in order to question them for legal purposes. She is a necromancer, which allows her to control the dead, including vampires and zombies, but not ghosts and ghouls. She is also a licensed vampire hunter/executioner, with eventual empowerment as a Federal Marshal. In her world this profession involves tracking down and killing vampires who have murdered humans. She is also held in retainer for the Regional Preternatural Investigation Team (RPIT, pronounced Rip-it), which investigates supernatural crimes committed involving magic, vampires, werewolves, and other superrnatural creatures.

A strong protagonist in the series, Blake is very direct, rude, and yet highly competent in the professions she is involved in. She is trained in judo, kenpo and knows how to use several weapons, but is most efficient with guns (the Browning Hi-Power being her firearm of choice). She is also a devout Christian which often creates moral dilemmas for the character. She is currently of the Episcopalian faith, having left Catholicism since the Catholic church has excommunicated all animators. She is of mixed heritage: Her mother was Mexican and her father's family was German."

that pretty much wraps it up

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »
sounds way cool thanks for the suggestion!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »
I read her, but not the Blake series.  I have a few of those books and they are ok.  I read the Mary Gentry series and waiting for A Lick of Frost to come to soft cover.  I see a new book "Swallowing Darkness" is out in a couple of months.

http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

pfhiggins72

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »
yeah, the gentry series is cool too, i have both

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution