Author Topic: Pearl  (Read 2017 times)

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Pearl
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:21:06 PM »
Oldest son's dog, can't stand the dog, she jumps in the bed all nite long and I have to kick her out.

Well she has been doing some wierd stuff for the past months, throwing up, laying down wierd, whimpering while laying down(originally we thought she was sleeping and dreaming). While playing GOW yesterday she was on the couch and looked like she was in so much pain that I took her to the vet.

They did blood work and x-rays and said she needed to be spayed. That was going to cost about 250 bucks so I said ok. Come to find out her appendix had ruptured and they had to remove it, ended up costing me 500+ dollars total.

Shes a daschund, I cant stand the dam dog, but I feel bad that shes been suffering, she has to take medicine for the next 10 days for the infections.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
Re: Pearl
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »
Hey Joey sorry to hear about your pooch (even if you can't stand her)  Hate to see anything suffer.  Glad she's all fixed up now

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »
I feel for you Joey.  Over the years I've spent thousands on surgeries and meds for cats and ferrets.   I'm glad Pearl is going to be ok, now just tie some weights to her feet to keep her off of the bed.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:56:28 AM by Frobozz »

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 03:56:48 AM »
I know spending that money must have hurt you Joey still though, b/c I know how much that dog aggravates you.  But you figure it makes your wife happy and it's good that the dog is no longer living day to day suffering.  That's the thing that sucks with animals, we have to watch their body language and how do we know if it's not just a temporary thing like being sick or pulling a muscle, they can't just tell you something is wrong.  Glad it's fixed, money's replaceable.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:47:05 AM »
Glad she's better and sorry about the bill. I agree no animal should suffer no matter how much they are asses. Animals COST bucks, but family bliss is priceless.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution