Author Topic: DaddyPlace DOODS Getting Fit Group!  (Read 18157 times)

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
Re: DaddyPlace DOODS Getting Fit Group!
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »
Happy birthday to your wife!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

working_man

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »
Thanks z_randy - I passed that along!

Offline Chris70

• Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2009, 11:30:29 PM »
Will this start up again for the start of the new year?

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 07:06:05 AM »
Yeah, I really fell down on this one. Sorry fellas. I would really like to see it take off for the new year. Part of it is I need to get off my ass and get to getting fit! Have it start today "Friday" and continue for the year. See link below!

Friday DaddyPlace Get Fit 2009 Blast Off Check In Thread!

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »
After speaking with Randy that this isn't just a group to lose weight, which I don't need to do, I'd like to join. I've been wanting to build up some muscle, get muscle tone, etc on my skinny ass body. So I'm hoping this will help and from my understanding we have a few other dad's here for that as well. I'll see who they are and go from there for advice, etc. But yeah, i'm in. Thanks for the info Randy

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 03:37:46 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 03:50:57 PM »
Thanks Randy

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »
Don't want to waste a thread on this but I was thinking of getting something I had while growing up that I used all the time. Just wondering if it'd help at all with what I want to accomplish, and that's upper body strength, muscle, etc.

A pullup bar that goes across a door frame.

Offline TrickshoT GDLD

• My wife is holding my sausage hostage.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • You gonna stand there and bleed?
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »
Don't want to waste a thread on this but I was thinking of getting something I had while growing up that I used all the time. Just wondering if it'd help at all with what I want to accomplish, and that's upper body strength, muscle, etc.

Pat,
That is a great idea, I have always had one.  Its a good for me to get a workout in if I cant make it to the gym that day. Push ups, dips with my chair, sit ups and as many pull ups as I can do until I feel like my eyes are going to pop out.   

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 03:26:56 PM »

Pat,
That is a great idea, I have always had one.  Its a good for me to get a workout in if I cant make it to the gym that day. Push ups, dips with my chair, sit ups and as many pull ups as I can do until I feel like my eyes are going to pop out.  

:plus1:

You can use the bar for hanging knee raises too. Great for your core.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 04:03:17 PM »
Ah, very true.

maccabees65

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »
I have struggled with weight off and on for years. I went to the doctor about 6 weeks ago and had an eye opener. I have type 1 diabetes that I was diagnosed with 4.5 years ago. My average blood sugar was horrible, blood pressure was high, you name it. I also have started to have nerve loss. That really scared me. I finally decided enough was enough. I started watching everything I ate and started going to the gym. I have now lost 25 pounds, and have 55 pounds more to go. The doctor will reevaluate my weight at time to see if I could go a little more. According to the BMI I should be down to about 175 pounds, but doctor said 200 should be fine.

I want to be around for my kids, so I finally got serious. It has been diificult, but I am finally motivate enought to do it. How does everyone else stay motivated?

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 08:46:53 PM »
Hey Mike congrats on the weight loss!  We here in the getting fit group kind of encourage and push each other.  It has helped me a great deal.  That and the goal I set for myself. Was tired of feeling blah all the time.  We have a check in every friday where we tell what we have done for the week and if we have lost any weight. Some of us aren't looking to lose just get in shape.  Join in this friday.  Welcome to the group!

DgiftedJJV

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 08:02:03 AM »
I have struggled with weight off and on for years. I went to the doctor about 6 weeks ago and had an eye opener. I have type 1 diabetes that I was diagnosed with 4.5 years ago. My average blood sugar was horrible, blood pressure was high, you name it. I also have started to have nerve loss. That really scared me. I finally decided enough was enough. I started watching everything I ate and started going to the gym. I have now lost 25 pounds, and have 55 pounds more to go. The doctor will reevaluate my weight at time to see if I could go a little more. According to the BMI I should be down to about 175 pounds, but doctor said 200 should be fine.

I want to be around for my kids, so I finally got serious. It has been diificult, but I am finally motivate enought to do it. How does everyone else stay motivated?
I can't get motivated, I've been slacking on excerise for the past couple of years and its starting to show. I have my own Bowflex and heavy bag down cellar that just collect dust, after a long day of work the last thing I have the motivation to do is lift or work out. I blame World of Warcraft and XBL for this laziness...lol. If they weren't so damn fun I'd have ambition to do the annoying things in life. Curious about how others have dealt with a rut like this.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:12 AM »
I think it is a mental thing.  For me when I start feeling that way I tell myself that is exactly the time I need to be doing it.  Once you get yourself into a routine it will be easier and easier to do.  It's the getting started that is the hard part

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution