Author Topic: Will Obama gut defense?  (Read 5931 times)

GiftedPlacebo

Re: Will Obama gut defense?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »
I agree 100%. This was the real eye opener for me and Obama. Once we can't fight back, we give up our voice in government.

Thomas Jefferson: "And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms... The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

George Washington: "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." 

Why does Obama want to disarm us? The answer can't be good.

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • pixelmack.com
    • Visual & Creative Studio
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 12:29:20 PM »
cmon...

guns are a fun hobby, but you can't honestly say that we NEED our guns to remain a free society...

especially automatic and semi automatic weapons and handguns whose only purpose is to kill humans.

i like shooting as much as the next man (i've shot handguns all my life), but the right to bear arms has become unnecessary IMO

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »
cmon...

guns are a fun hobby, but you can't honestly say that we NEED our guns to remain a free society...

especially automatic and semi automatic weapons and handguns whose only purpose is to kill humans.

i like shooting as much as the next man (i've shot handguns all my life), but the right to bear arms has become unnecessary IMO

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you.  The right to bear arms is very necessary.  Our forefathers didn't include that in the Second Amendment so Cletus could go down to the gun range and shoot at beer bottles.  It was put in there so the people of these great United States of America could protect ourselves from a corrupt government, not in case your neighbor decided to help himself to your tv.

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
cmon...

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you.  The right to bear arms is very necessary.  Our forefathers didn't include that in the Second Amendment so Cletus could go down to the gun range and shoot at beer bottles.  It was put in there so the people of these great United States of America could protect ourselves from a corrupt government, not in case your neighbor decided to help himself to your tv.

if my (corrupt) government meant to harm me, a 9mm would not be much help.

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »
It would be more help than a paperclip and a rubber band.

Oh and why do you think assault weapons were banned in the first place?  Because criminals would get them?

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »
because they pose a threat that is unwarranted by their need?

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »
A threat to whom and from whom?  Honest gun owners are very seldom a threat to anyone.  Dishonest gun owners don't really care that one thing is more illegal than another.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 02:26:06 PM »
if my (corrupt) government meant to harm me, a 9mm would not be much help.

No but a whole town of rebels fighting for a cause, with a 9mm, a couple of shotguns and a few automatic weapons just might.

I feel if we are stripped of our right to bear arms, then in time, we would get run over by government and the US would become a dictatorship or some 3rd world country ran by a military.
If your want to take guns from people, go searching in the gang areas and take theirs. They have but one reason for them. And it's not to shoot beer bottles.

GiftedPlacebo

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 02:37:35 PM »
cmon...

I suggest you read up on your American history. This is EXACTLY the reason we have the right to keep and bear arms. A citizen militia is a necessary part of the checks and balances.

ToddS

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »
One 9mm might not help but combined with the rest of the ones in your community it certainly would.  Also are you so arrogant to believe that you or Obama know better than me on how I should spend my free time?  If I like to go to the range or the woods and fire the weapon of my choice including automatic weapons, grenades, rocket launchers so long as I am not hurting anyone or anyone else's property what does it matter?  My guns have never killed anyone and as a matter of fact between myself and my friends we could outfit a small army and amazingly enough none of us have killed anyone.  

Not only does Obama want me to support everyone below me he wants to tell me what I can and cant do with the money I do get to keep.  

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »
I said it before in a thread and I'll say it again.  When you make a list, you make it according to your priorities.  You start w/ the most important and go from there.  THERE IS A REASON IT IS THE 2ND F*CKING AMENDMENT.  It's that important to our rights.  Freedom of speech, #1.  But how can we ensure this freedom is never taken from us.  Enter #2.  Blind trust of government is why so many ppl vote Obama.  He says he's going to do all these nice things for us.  He's going to do this, he's going to do that.  He's not going to do jack sh$t when he gets in office, but one thing he's NOT going to do is take the American ppl's guns.  Every person before the Revolutionary war was breaking the law b/c it was illegal for citizens to bear arms.  Our forefathers saw this for what it really was.  Not for protection of the ppl, but for ease of maintaining command and control of the ppl.  An unarmed person can be dictated around and not have a say so.  
You beat me to the multiple guns Todd.  Good post.

Offline jmack

• Will draw for food
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • pixelmack.com
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 03:04:14 PM »
i'd prefer that weapons were no longer made available to the public at all actually, and the mere possession of them without a permit led to substantial penalties. then criminals would actually have consequences for possessing a firearm beyond probation.

britain has strict gun laws and the murder rate is far below ours. canada the same, and their murder rate is one of the lowest in the world. maybe our love and dependence on weapons is the problem?

agreed, at the formation of our country, a right to bear arms was necessary, especially since it was immediately after a bloody fight for freedom. i just don't think that the same applies today to modern society. just my opinion, no way are the majority of people (i.e. non east/west coast) going to give up their weapons anytime soon...

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »
Maybe I missed this somewhere along the way, but where does it say that Obama wants to take away everyone's guns? Otherwise it sounds like a lot of fear mongering to me. :shrug:

FWIW I'm with you jmack.

ToddS

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 03:34:04 PM »
i'd prefer that weapons were no longer made available to the public at all actually, and the mere possession of them without a permit led to substantial penalties. then criminals would actually have consequences for possessing a firearm beyond probation.

Again who are you to say what someone does legally in their free time?  Why should we all be punished because some cant behave?  Last time I checked their are plenty of laws in the books complete with penalties to enforce them.  By definition criminals break laws they dont care about laws or consequences.  All the laws in the world are not going to get rid of criminals.  The problem is in the enforcement.  The penalties need to be more strict.

britain has strict gun laws and the murder rate is far below ours. canada the same, and their murder rate is one of the lowest in the world. maybe our love and dependence on weapons is the problem?

They have strict gun laws yet people are still being murdered with guns so what is your point? Even if you outlawed guns altogether people would still get them.  Drugs are outlawed yet their are plenty of drugs available.    If you dig deeper you will find that areas with fewer gun laws have lower crime rates.  Criminals will be very happy if you get rid of guns here.  It will make their job so much easier.  Murders are committed with golf clubs, water, ropes, cars, axes, baseball bats, toys, and etc do we outlaw those too?

agreed, at the formation of our country, a right to bear arms was necessary, especially since it was immediately after a bloody fight for freedom. i just don't think that the same applies today to modern society. just my opinion, no way are the majority of people (i.e. non east/west coast) going to give up their weapons anytime soon...

The mess we are in as a country today is because we do not listen to our fore fathers.  They lived under tyranny and oppression and successfully overcame it.  I think they know more about it then we do.  It would be prudent to follow the plans that they put in place.  I would also say that their is a reason that our enemies have never launched a ground attack on our soil is because not only will they have to deal with our military but also our civilians.

GiftedPlacebo

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »

*sigh*

You'll be thanking the rest of us for owning guns if it comes to defending our rights by force. I hope it never comes to it, but I'm prepared if it does. My family and property will be secure and free while everyone that put their faith in the government is under the thumb of oppression.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution