Author Topic: OT I guess, but some people disgust me....  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
OT I guess, but some people disgust me....
« on: October 31, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »
Ok so my friends wife rings the doorbell the other night. She asks if I know anything about the people who live two or three houses down. I say no I don't why? Well, my friend and his wife were out on their patio and heard a horrid cry from a dog. Sounding like it was right in their yard they looked over the wall and low and behold there's a dog there howling for attention. They then notice the house looks empty. So they walk around the corner and ring the doorbell a few times, no answer. The house is completely empty. I walk down there to check things out and why I don't know I look in the garbage can in the street and there's a sign "Free dog to a good home". There's your answer right there. These people moved out and left their dog behind. So we've been giving her water and food the last few days and I've been calling no-kill shelters non-stop trying to get her into one. So far no luck..their all full for mostly the same reason as this dogs story. Why do people get pets if they don't care about them enough to take them with them during a move? or at all in general. I won't state here what I think should happen to people like this, but you can take a wild guess. If anyone lives or knows someone in Arizona and would like to take a look at her, please, please contact me ASAP. I'd rather her go to a home of someone I know than to a shelter. I'm going to try and get pictures today and I'll post them up here if so. She's a mix breed, light brown in color with some white in her paws. She seems to know commands pretty well and is just the sweetest dog from what we've seen being over there. We'd love to take her in but have dogs already and aren't in the financial situation to handle another dog. I really wanted to post this to get some frustration out but at the same time by doing that, you never know. Maybe someone knows someone here in AZ that may be able to help. Thanks for reading all.

UPDATED: Pictures can be found at http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/galatea76/Princess/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:51:40 PM by Emily's DaD »

Offline pinhead1376

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: OT I guess, but some people disgust me....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »
That makes me sick.  I have a dog and would never think of anything like that.

There is a show on National Geographic called "Dog Town."  They are located in Nevada, and they take in unwanted or abused animals.  They rehab them and put them up for adoption.  You might want to call them.
I am serious and don't call me surely.

Offline pinhead1376

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »
Correction, the shelter is called "Best Friends sanctuary."  The name of the show is Dog Town.
I am serious and don't call me surely.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »
Thanks pin. I have a few people who contacted me overnight who run rescue programs so we'll see where it goes.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 08:58:42 PM »
DUDE!!  that dog is awesome.  He looks exactly like my dog that I picked up who was a stray.  What are the odds.  My dog is so good and well-mannered and I've always wondered what breed he is and it looks like they are the dogs most abandoned.  My wife would kill me, so I guess it's good I don't live in AZ, otherwise I would be in my car driving to ur house right now.  Best of luck in your quest.

LMAO.  Just showed my wife and she was yelling at me that it was "cujo" (my dog) b/c that dog even has the black collar w/ tags like him and the white patch chest.  I'm gonna have to post some pics b/c they are twins.  LOL.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution